Saturday 1 December 2012

My Equipment: Canon EOS 550D

When I decided to buy a digital SLR camera, I decided not to go for the typical 'cheap cheap cheap' beginner's camera you'll outgrow in a couple of years. The 550D seemed to be a good choice as a first SLR camera that will also serve you well when you're no longer an absolute beginner.

I love this camera, and I've still got an awful lot to learn from it. I'm probably not using it to anywhere near its full potential. But I'm going to do something about that now.

I've been getting some good shots with this, but need to get out of the habit of always shooting in full auto if I'm going to get anywhere with it.

SLR Greatest Hits
With a new camera, everything is interesting. Even dandelion. 
Dandelion is beautiful.

One may argue that a sightseeing trip on Iceland will leave you with many impressions and beautiful sights. The ducklings were a bonus. Gorgeous <3

I've already posted this one on my blog containing my regular everyday ramblings, but I like this picture a lot. Summary: if you're having work done on your stairs, keep an eye on your builders to make sure they're doing all they can to minimize the mess.

Yellow moon, I found the colour interesting. Also, I'm impressed with my camera for managing to capture it. I did mess with my settings a bit on this one and don't remember what turned out best (wouldn't surprise me if the answer is 'full auto')

Also love the possibilities for self-portraits you get with a tripod, remote shooting and a laptop. This piece was about the (lack of) separation between the artist him/herself and the artwork. 


This little bugger (Big Boris, despite PROBABLY being female) lived outside my kitchen window and very nearly scared me to death every night for ABOUT HALF A YEAR. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment